Wrinkles and lines aren’t the only signs of aging. Over time, the cheeks flatten, and the skin may begin to sag. This is caused by a natural loss of volume in the cheek area, or what the experts call age-related midface volume loss. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface to lift and contour the cheek area.
For the month of JANUARY and FEBRUARY, we will be doing Voluma for a discounted rate in order to provide the best first experience with adding just something a little extra back into your look. Call us at 512 373 7546
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels in patients under 18 years, and the safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® XC for areas other than facial wrinkles and folds, and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC for areas other than the lips and perioral area for lip augmentation, or facial wrinkles and folds, have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
The most common side effects include tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching. With JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gels, most side effects are mild or moderate and last 14 days or less. For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, side effects are moderate (uncomfortable) and last 2 to 4 weeks. For JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, side effects were predominantly mild or moderate, with a duration of 30 days or less.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with JUVÉDERM® XC, JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, or JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC, please call Allergan at 1-800-433-8871.
Please also visit Juvederm.com for more information